Friday, January 27, 2012

Bear-y Good Shakes

Bear Nutrition
1100 La Salle Ave,
Waco, TX 76706

(254)313-1146

Mon - Fri:
7:00 am
-
5:00 pm (7:00pm)
Sat:
9:00 am
-
1:00 pm




So all this eating of fatty, greasy, awesomely delicious food eventually takes a toll on one’s body. Even with my fast moving, always on my feet job, I’ve put on a tad bit more weight than I’d like. So I joined the gym and I’ve been hitting it hard, and really enjoying it. One of my health nut friends recommend that I start drinking protein shakes after my work outs to lean down and increase muscle. Well, I’m not a big fan of the Protein shake mix I bought and most evenings after I get back from the gym I don’t feel like making one. So when I heard that a new Shake place opened up down by Baylor, I decided to give it a try.

            Driving down there, I ended up passing it. It’s kinda hidden if you aren’t sure what to look for, but a quick U-turn and I was there. One of the Baylor girls inside ended up doing the same… Not sure if that’s good or bad ;)

It’s a small little building, with decent parking, and a nice big patio so you can sit outside and enjoy your shake and tea. I was greeted by the 3, working, employees as I walked in. There were a couple Baylor girls sitting at the front bar, I went and sat by the side bar. While sitting, one of the employees sat a small plastic shot glass in front of me with a clear liquid. Then, the owner, Diana (least I think that was her name… I suck when it comes to remembering names) greeted all 3 of us and began to explain the whole process and tell us about their business.

           The liquid that was sat in front of me was a special Aloe drink. Apparently it is used to help ones digestive system and help intake the shakes nutrients better.  After that I was asked to choose a Green Tea, I went with the Peach. While I drank my aloe and tea, Diana explained some more about their business, their goal and what all they offer… which is a lot more than just tea and shakes (FYI: all their shakes are 250 cal or less). They also offer other fitness shake mixes, additives and such. They also offer wellness assessment, and checkups on your fitness progress. Sounds like a great deal for those interested in getting fitter. They also have it set up where its Members Only and anyone can join… that way every basic set-up is only about $6. You’ll have to talk to her for further explanation…. But it’s really cool if you are looking to get in better shape.

            After she finishes explaining everything, I pick one of their shake flavors. I originally wanted Banana Pudding, but they were out of one of the ingredients… so I went with Apple Pie. Boy was I surprised when I took my first sip and it tasted just like an Apple Pie, was really pretty good. Kinda hard to believe it was healthy for me. Can’t wait to try some of their other flavors; They have fruit flavors, chocolate flavors, peanut butter flavors, coffee flavors, cold shakes with orange juice and hot shakes for colder days.

            As it stands, I plan on going there at least every Friday after my heavy workout. Try some new flavors, meet all kinds of new people, get a fitness over-view and get healthy. It’s an all WIN situation. If you are interested in getting into better shape and like a good shake, I definitely recommend hitting this place up…. Who knows, maybe you’ll run into me one of these day. I also here a couple of the guys from Wacoboard are regulars to the place…. Always a good sign.


--A side note, on the counter they had a burger from McDonald's and a Twinkies that they bought back in early December.... looks like they bought it just this week. They use it to show off the extreme preservatives that are used in foods like there.


No comments:

Post a Comment