Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Can Now Die Happy

     Jack In The Box

     I must admit, I love bacon; I put it on most of my burgers. I use bacon in my mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, pasta salad, regular salads, baked potatoes, on and on. When we released out BLT Burger at work, my boss asked me if 2 pieces was enough- my reply "there is no such thing as too much"... so we added another slice of bacon to it for good measure. I definitely ran over to Capt Billy when he released his new bacon burger. I love the smell of freshly cooked bacon... I have yet to find something bacon wont/cant improve.... and I'm not afraid to cook it naked either... ;)

     Earlier last week one of my co-workers informed me of a Bacon Shake he snagged from Jack In The Box. I had saw a blurb on the new, limited, item while browsing yahoo earlier that morning but failed to see what place was carrying it. He badgered me all week, about how I needed to go try one.

            It wasn’t easy getting myself to go try one. I was very curious about it; but it carries around 700 calories and I’ve been hitting the gym most days of the week trying to get in shape. But my co-worker made a good point in that, trying stuff like this is my job. So after a week of stalling I finally went by and grabbed one today.

            When I went by to grab one the cashier found it amusing that I had come just to try it out and not grab any of their food… what can I say, not of a fan of the Jack (heck, when I was a child I used to bad mouth them and give full support to McDonalds. Many of you might remember their feuding commercials… like political ads). She told me how she was really surprised when they started carrying it and that she has yet to try them, but her other two coworkers had both dived in and enjoyed it. I got mine with the whipped cream, but no cherry.

            I take it out to my car and I start thinking to myself- What Did I Get Myself Into?

But I dived in and took a big ole scoop.What can I say; it definitely tasted like Bacon. Obviously you get the cold and vanilla flavor from the ice-cream that is used. You get a hint of salty and savory, even a very slight hint of the fatty greasiness flavor; all of which that adds up to a, non-overpowering, nice after taste of BACON. It was interesting to say the least.

 I won’t say it tasted like the bacon you get from the super market, as most of that is cold smoked, giving a smoky flavor to it. This flavor was much more similar to pure basic unadulterated bacon. Believe it or not, the whipped cream was a nice touch to it as well… who would’ve thought. Hell, who would’ve thought of making a Bacon Shake. If you are a Bacon lover, I’d say take a chance and go snag one of these for yourself before they are off the market. You only live once, and one day… years from now, you can hold your head high and claim you had a BACON SHAKE.

After words you can go grab one of Capt Billy's New Bacon Infused Burgers and make it a Bacon Kinda day.

Did I mention I love bacon?


No comments:

Post a Comment