Monday, January 17, 2011

Turtle Food




TURTLE FOOD
p1





Making home made pizzas is one of my favorite meals to do. Not only is it fairly easy, it is fun and tastes great. Ithink everyone should make their own pizza every once in a while. It can be a fun thing to do with friends and family. I try to make it at least once a month. Last month our family had a Pizza Party, where we all bring a pizza or two to chow down on, hang out and watch some good ole football. Most people buy a pizza from Papa Rollos, Papa Johns, Rosatis and etc. I decided to make a couple of mine.


Before making the pizzas I have to make the dough from scratch. I use a fairly basic recipe that my Chef handed down to me. It works great and tastes great, but I’ve been trying to make it even better- Sweeter and with a little hint of garlic. So ive been experimenting with different sweeteners- sugar, honey, agave syrup, etc. On the two batches of dough I made for the party I used honey in one and agave syrup in the other. Now the first dough came out just perfect, great consistency and puffed properly. The second one, well… didn’t work out too well. IT baffled me, I couldn’t figure out what had gone wrong. It bothered me so much I had to text one of my culinary buddies and try to figure it out. After chatting we came to the conclusion that I was an idiot and forgot to add a full 2 cups of flour. So I had to start over and make it over again.


Once I got past the dough stage I had to figure out what exactly I wanted to put on them. I had already bought plenty of different fresh veggies, meats and cheeses. The sauce I used on them was a basic tomato sauce with garlic and pepper. One pizza I decided to top it with Roasted Green Chili, Jalapenos, Orange Bell Peppers and Jalapeno Bacon. The second pizza was topped with Pineapple and Canadian Bacon. For cheese I topped them both with Mozzarella and Fresh Parmesan.


Both pizzas were a hit, everyone liked them… Especially the green chili one, it turned out to be rather spicy (Least thats what I hear, I actually never managed to get a slice of this one). What I do know is that I still want a more flavorful crust, one with more zing. I also need to remember to add the correct amount of flour.... ;)


But I do beleive the Ninja Turtles would be proud and asking for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment