Friday, September 17, 2010

Tommy B's





CLOSED



Tommy B’s
900 North Valley Mills Drive
Waco, TX 76710-4754
(254) 772-3399



I enjoy a big breakfast as much as the next guy, but I being a college student also enjoy sleeping in on days I don’t have work, which tends to deprive me of a real breakfast. Today I actually got up early enough to get some, so I decided to try our new Tommy B’s.

They serve breakfast all day at Tommy’s and have a pretty decent menu for lunch as well, that seemed fairly priced. I have to go back some time to try a few things on their lunch menu. But today I wanted breakfast.

I ordered their “Tommy B’s Favorite” which consists of- 2 eggs cooked your way, hash browns, bacon/sausage/ham, pancake/toast/biscuit. I specifically ordered- 2 eggs poached, bacon, has browns, pancakes (1) and one extra pancake. I was rather disappointed that the original order only came with one pancake and not two, like other places I’ve eaten at, and the cost ($1.49) of the extra pancake was kind of ridiculous. I had just mowed my lawn and I was hungry, other wise I wouldn’t have ordered the extra.

The food is brought out to you, like most places, and is on two plates- one for the pancakes and one for the other dishes. The first thing I noticed was the smell of the pancakes, they have a rather sweet aroma. Second I noticed their texture and thickness, looked very nice. The bacon was well crisped, the eggs poached in a poacher, and the has browns are shredded and layered out nicely. The first thing I tried were the eggs, to see how well they were cooked before they cooled down. They were a little more done than they like, but that’s probably because I didn’t specify how runny I wanted them… but none the less they were good. Second I tried the pancakes, I figured since they smelled sweet, they would have slightly sweet flavor and I was right. The pancakes were fluffy, yet kind of creamy melt in your mouth. They were pretty good. The bacon was your run of the mill bacon, but it was cooked nicely, not chewy and not burnt. I love hash browns, any style (sin onions), and these were fairly good. I don’t think they were freshly shaven, probably frozen, but if cooked and seasoned right they should be fine… and these were.

I ate pretty much every single bit, except a cut or two of the pancakes.
Besides good food, the place has a very nice atmosphere created by a nice and friendly staff as well as a wide variety of customers.
Over all I enjoyed it, and will most surely go back to try breakfast again as well as other items on their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment