Thursday, September 23, 2010

Awesome Mashed Potatoes

CLOSED
Tommy B’s
900 North Valley Mills Drive
Waco, TX 76710-4754
(254) 772-3399
Part II

So after trying their breakfast and enjoying it, I figured Id try their an item on their lunch menu. I try the chicken fried steak at every place I can because it’s a southern main stay (almost surprised it doesn’t show up in one of the southern flags) and who can say no to a great chicken fried steak. So… I went with the Classic Chicken Fried steak, mashed potatoes, corn, toast and white gravy with a big ole glass of sweet tea- now I could’ve gotten 2 other sides, but I think these two fit the role best.


The first thing I tried was the corn, which seemed like your run of the mill canned corn with pepper added to it. Maybe it was just the way they prepared it, but I doubt it. [I feel that if you are going to serve plain or creamed corn, that you should use fresh or even frozen, not canned.] Next was the mashed potatoes, these were by far the best mashed potatoes I have had in a long time… the best I have ever had outside my home. They were made from scratch, they were creamy, not at all dry (didn’t need any gravy), with a bit of garlic flavor. If you like mashed potatoes, you should definitely try these. Last but not least was the chicken fried steak. Tender meet (only a chewy bit or two), good flavor, and a flaky crust… probably the second best Chicken fried steak I have had in the Waco region.


So next time you are in the area, stop by give their mashed potatoes and chicken fried a try, it’s a good and filling meal and for only 7.99 or… currently on sale 6.99.
I think next time I will try their chicken tenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment