Friday, May 21, 2010

Chocolate Delite

Wiseman House Companies
106 South Pecan Street
Hico, Texas 76457
Wiseman House



Today my best friend Abigail took me on a little trip to a place called Hico, Texas. Small little town about an hour and a half north of Waco. While in Hico we, or should I say she, did some shopping. When in and out of a few of the little shops, found some really interesting stuff. The coolest thing I found was not an item, but information on an upcoming Chili Cookoff.. but more on that in another post.

The main reason for visiting Hico was for their chocolate as the Wiseman house. Little chocolate and candy company residing in a local house. When we first entered we were offered a sample of a Raspberry Truffle… it was pretty good. ~smooth texture and chocolate flavor, with a hint of raspberry. We then did a little walking around, Abi had been there before so she knew what she wanted for the most part, I did not. Though the first thing that caught my eyes were these large bags of Double Dipped Chocolate Malted Milk Balls… I love malted milk balls… so I grabbed a bag.

After that I just wondered around looking at what all they had. They had a small but nice selection of sugar free chocolate. They have all kinds of coco beans and such for coffee and hot chocolate. They have a room with candles and other odd objects… that didn’t interest me much, but they did have a Blue Agaves candle that smelled fairly good. In their back room they had some general candy like pop rocks, jumbo jaw breakers, rock candy and such.

Then up front they had some amazing looking fudge, I was dying to try the peanut butter fudge, but I had to resist (this time around). Abigail picked up a box of 6 truffles, she mixed and matched them and wont let me try them… haha. I did get to try some of their almond mix sheets, that stuff was damn good. Will pick up a bag of that next time I go. I did pick up a bag of their peanut brittle along with my milk balls… I cant pass up trying some peanut brittle.

Once I got in the car I tried them both. The milk balls were just amazing… don’t think I’ll be sharing them too freely. They are chewy, crunchy, smooth and packed with fresh flavor. The peanut brittle was melt in your mouth, smooth and had great fresh flavor. It’ll be hard keeping it out of Abi’s grasp as well as my mothers.

I will definitely be going back, and I recommend if you’re any where in the vicinity of Hico, take the time to stop on by and give them a try.

Im actually eating some of the milk balls as I type this up :)

1 comment: