Thursday, October 11, 2012

Time fo Froyo!



Oso’s Froyo


215 Mary St., Suite 101
Waco, Texas 76701
254-752-OSOS(6767)
Mon - Sun:          11:30 am-10:00 pm


Facebook
Website





                I’ve never been much for desserts like cakes, cookies, pies, etc. That has never stopped me though from chowing down on some Ice-Cream, Sherbert, Gelato, or Froyo (Frozen Yogurt)! Waco has a couple of different joints that provide Froyo, and so far the only one I have bothered to try is Oso, due to their location and are locally owned and are active in the Waco Community. 

                Twice now I have stopped by and snagged a quick snack after lunch at the Olive Branch (great combination FYI), and I am getting ready to stop by for my third or fourth time so I can try their Pumpkin Flavored Froyo. Oso’s has a variety of flavors stocked and rotate them monthly, along with a wide variety (over 50) of toppings including; Fresh fruit, candy, granola, nuts, cereal, sprinkles & sauces. And I must say, both times I’ve stopped by their fruit looks and tastes very fresh.



                You head in and grad either a paper bowl or a waffle bowl, decide on your flavor(s) and fill your cup to your heart’s content, top that sucker with all the goodies you can squeeze on, then weigh, pay and enjoy! 
 
                The first time I stopped by I went with a simple flavor and build; Cake Batter Froyo topped with black-berries, raspberries, sour gummy worms (that’s right), and caramel sauce. The Froyo tasted remarkably similar to actual cake batter, was pretty impressed. The fruit was nice and fresh, the gummy worms were good, and the sauce added a nice finishing touch.   I also got a wicked case of Brain freeze the first go around, got too excited. The second time around I went with Georgia Peach, M&Ms, and some fresh fruit. Once again, the flavor was pretty dead on, the fruit was fresh, and M&Ms are M&Ms.  Besides the flavor, the Froyo was nice and creamy and smooth, perfectly chilled and fresh.


                Tomorrow or Saturday after dinner I am hoping to try their Pumpkin Flavor, as mentioned early, and will post my thoughts on that ASAP.

                Oso’s also offers fresh fruit smoothies ranging in flavors, and I plan on trying one of them soon too. I drink smoothies and shakes quit often, since I can always fit full meals into my day. This is a great place for studnets on the go, a nice calm place to take your children after visiting the zoo or for a simple treat, and a great way to finish off a meal from Olive Garden, Bangkok Royal or whatever.

                Something that many women and some men might find beneficial; Oso lists the Weight Watcher Points for many of their products, which makes it easier for one to keep tabs on their meal plan.

                Over all I am impressed with the place, and not only the food. The place is very clean and tidy, fairly self-explanatory, they have indoor and outdoor seating and friendly staff. If you haven’t tried them out yet, now is definitely a good time with their fall season flavors. I will also try my best to keep y’all to date on their new flavors & specials as well.









No comments:

Post a Comment